For your safety and comfort, please advise Polish & Glow of any allergies and / or relevant information (e.g. medical conditions / prescribed medication both topical and oral) prior to your appointment.
If you have any of the following you will be unable to receive a treatment with Polish & Glow:
- Active herpes simplex (active cold sore)
- Chicken Pox
- Any other contagious disease
If you are pregnant you are strongly advised to seek guidance from a medical professional before booking a treatment with Polish & Glow. Clients less than 12 weeks pregnant may be unsuitable for treatment.
Clients: with any medical condition; or who are pregnant (even if over 12 weeks); or taking prescribed medication are advised to obtain medical permission before receiving treatment with Polish & Glow. In some circumstances where medical permission cannot be obtained, clients may be able to give their informed consent in writing.
Medical conditions may include, but are not restricted to:
- Nervous System / Neurologic Diseases (e.g. Epilepsy, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Bell’s palsy, Cerebral palsy, Motor neurone disease, Multiple sclerosis, Neurofibromatosis, Sciatica etc.)
- Operation within last 2 years affecting area to be treated
- Nervous/psychotic conditions
- Undiagnosed pain, lumps, swelling or bruising
- Metal plates/pins/medical implants
- Lung disorder or asthma
- Pacemaker/heart disorder
- Headaches/migraine (some treatments can trigger)
- Certain skin conditions (particularly reactive skin conditions)
- Prescribed medication g. oral antibiotics, topical acne medication, oral retinoid e.g. Accutane, blood thinners e.g. warfarin/ asprin, thyroid medication, some steroids or HRT medication can affect results of some treatments. Specifically, for nail treatments, certain medication e.g. thyroxine and certain antibiotics can cause nails to produce excess oil.
- High / Low blood pressure (certain medication can have a relaxing effect on the muscles)
Please also ensure you read FAQs