Dermaplaning Facial – standard
An exfoliating treatment for the face. A sterile surgical scalpel gently scrapes dead skin cells off the surface of your skin, removing also the vellus hair (aka peach fuzz) leaving you with a fuzz-free healthy glow. Skincare products penetrate better after this treatment making them more effective. Make up application is also improved as it glides on smoother. Rest assured, your vellus facial hair will NOT grow back darker or thicker! Recommended for all skin types although if you have very sensitive skin, reactive skin issues like acne or rosacea, dermaplaning may not be for you. Dermaplaning treatment may typically be repeated from 4 weeks onwards.
The face is cleansed to prep the skin. Dermaplaning is undertaken. The face is then cleansed again and a moisturiser applied, followed by SPF.
See also Dermaplaning with 24K Gold Face Mask and Ultimate CliniCare Dermaplaning treatments.
After treatment: Dermaplaning is a non-invasive procedure but some people may have slightly sensitive skin afterwards, so it is advisable to avoid things that may irritate it:
- Avoid touching, scratching or picking the skin for 24 hours (wash hands first before touching face)
- Wash face gently using gentle acid-free cleanser
- Avoid excess heat (heavy exercise, sauna, steam room) and chlorine for at least 24 hours
- Avoid sun tanning and creams. Wear sunscreen outside.
- Retin A/retinol, exfoliating products and products with alcohol in should be avoided for 72 hours before and after treatment
- Keep hydrated your skin moisturised
- If required, cool your skin with cold water or a cold compress
- Allow 3-5 days to elapse before doing any further treatments on the affected area e.g. waxing. It is advisable to resume gently exfoliating skin (e.g. enzyme exfoliator) approx. 5-7 days after treatment
To make a booking, please contact us below.